SA Braai Chicken Chutney & Mayonnaise
Write a review
- • 6 to 8 chicken portions, or a whole chicken or rotisserie chicken (the cooking time will be longer)
- • 1 onion, finely chopped
- • 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- • 1 teaspoon Worcester sauce
- • ½ to ¾ cup SA Braai chutney – depending upon how hot your would like it.
- • ½ cup mayonnaise
- • ¼ cup water
- • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 320°F
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and put in oven-proof casserole dish.
- If using a fresh onion, sauté gently for 10 to 15 minutes until the onions are soft and has a
- golden color.
- Add ¼ cup water, chopped garlic and Worcester sauce.
- If using onion soup powder, mix soup powder and boiling water.
- Mix onion with chutney and mayonnaise, and pour sauce over chicken.
- Cover casserole dish and bake in oven at 320°F for 1½ hours if you used chicken portions, or 2
- to 2 ½ hours if it's a whole chicken.
- Serve with rice and fresh, mixed salad.
- Serves 4 to 6
SA Braai https://sabraaitime.com/