SA Braai Chicken Chutney & Mayonnaise
A tender and tasty baked chicken recipe. Serves well with rice and a fresh salad.
Write a review
- 6 to 8 pieces of chicken (you may use a whole chicken instead)
- 1 onion, finely chopped (you may use powdered onion soup mix instead)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ to ¾ cup SA Braai chutney of your choice (use the greater amount if you prefer a more bold flavor)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup water
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 320°F
- Spray an ovenproof casserole with a light layer of cooking oil spray
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place in the casserole dish
- Sauté the onion on the stove top in a small amount of oil until onion is lightly golden brown (if using powdered onion soup mix simply following the manufacture's directions on hydrating the soup mix with boiling water)
- Add ¼ cup water, chopped garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the onion mixture and let cool slightly (if using powdered onion soup mix add the additional water, garlic and Worcestershire sauce to the soup and then let cool slightly).
- Add the chutney and mayonnaise to the onion mixture and pour over chicken.
- Cover the casserole dish with either a lid or aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 320°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes if using chicken pieces or 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes if using a whole chicken (use a meat thermometer to insure that the chicken has reached a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees F or 75 degrees C before serving).
SA Braai https://sabraaitime.com/