SA Braai Stuffing
Write a review
- 1lb SA Braai Boerewors Sausage
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup chop carrots
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 tbs thyme
- 1lb bread crumbs (or one large pack)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 stick of butter (8 tbsp)
- In large skillet melt 1/2 stick of butter, add onion, carrot, garlic & thyme. Sautée for 5 to 7 mins. Take each boerewors sausage and slice the outer casing down the gently down the middle. Peel the sausage out of the casing, add it to the vegetables sautéing until sausage is browned. In a large bowl toss sautéed veg with breadcrumbs, season with pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter. Pour over stuffing and add the sautéed meat and veg along with chicken stock & whipped egg. Toss to coat. Pour white wine over stuffing.
- If you are using stuffing in a bird, stuff & cook for duration of specific bird.
If preparing as a casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place mixture into casserole pan. Pour one additional cup of chicken stock over the mixture. Since you are not getting the drippings from the bird, you don't want the dressing to become dry.
- Bake covered for 45 mins to 1 hour For a crunchy top, uncover for the last 15 mins.
SA Braai https://sabraaitime.com/