SA Braai Boerewors Stuffing
A South African twist on a familiar classic! Serve with a jar of SA BRAAI Seasonal Cranberry Chutney to add a touch of tangy sweetness to your meal.
Write a review
- 1lb SA Braai Boerewors Sausage
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tbs thyme
- 1lb bread crumbs (or one large pack)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 stick of butter (8 tbsp)
- 1 jar of SA BRAAI Seasonal Cranberry Chutney
- In a large skillet melt 1/2 stick of butter, add onion, carrot, garlic & thyme. Sauté for 5 to 7 mins. Take each Boerewors sausage and slice the outer casing gently down the middle. Peel the sausage out of the casing, add it to the vegetables and sauté until sausage is browned. In a large bowl toss sautéed veg with breadcrumbs, season with pepper.
- Melt the remaining butter and pour over the sautéed meat and vegetables. Add the chicken stock, beaten egg and white wine. Gently mix.
- If you are using stuffing in a bird, stuff & cook for duration of your specific bird.
- Serve with a dish of SA BRAAI Seasonal Cranberry Chutney to add a dash of South African flavors to the meal.
If preparing as a casserole
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place mixture into casserole pan. Pour one additional cup of chicken stock over the mixture (as you are not getting the drippings from the bird, this will help keep the dressing from becoming dry).
- Bake covered for 45 mins to 1 hour. For a crunchy top, uncover for the last 15 mins.
SA Braai https://sabraaitime.com/