Boerewors and Arugula Puff Pastry Pizza
Write a review
- 2 Boerewors sausages, casings removed and crumbled
- 1 puff pastry sheet, unfolded
- 3-4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 T olive oil
- dash of salt
- handful of arugula, chopped
- handful (or more!) of shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- Brown the boerewors until nearly all the pink is gone. Drain the fat. Combine tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and salt in a bowl and set aside. Meanwhile take the puff pastry sheet and shape it (with some flour sprinkled on your cooking surface) into a rectangular shape, as thick or as thin as you'd like.
- Place the pastry on a cookie sheet. Take a fork and poke many holes in the surface of the pastry. Leaving about 1/2 inch border around the pastry, spread the tomato mixture on the pastry. Then sprinkle the crumbled boerevors on top. Add the arugula and the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees. Start checking the pastry at 10 minutes to see if it's been cooked through. When the pastry looks done and the cheese has melted, remove from the oven. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!