Boerewors & Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie
Write a review
- 4 Boerewors sausages
- 1 large sweet potato (about 1.25 lbs), cut into large cubes
- a couple tablespoons of milk (and butter, if desired)
- 1/2 cup each chopped red onion, chopped carrot, defrosted peas and defrosted corn
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- spices and seasoning: salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Steam potatoes for 15 minutes, or until soft. Mash with some milk, and spice and season as desired (butter can be added at this time).
- While potatoes are steaming, sautee onions and carrots for about five minutes. Crumble sausage into same pan and cook through. Add peas and corn, and saute for another five minutes.
- Scoop sausage and vegetable mix into a casserole dish. Top with sweet potatoes. Bake for 25 minutes. Broil for another five. The sweetness of the potato paired very well with the seasoning of the sausage are a great pair!