Sausage Caprese Bites featuring SA Braai Sausage
View this complete blog post at www.milwaukeekitchen.blogspot.com
Write a review
- 4-6 links of SA Braai Sausage, defrosted
- 2 cups beef broth (you could swap out the broth for beer if you would like) water
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- 1 large ball of fresh mozzarella
- approximately 30 toothpicks
- Place the sausage in a large sauce pan. Add beef broth and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until cooked through. While the sausages are cooking, slice the mozzarella into bit sized pieces.
- Drain sausages and cut into slices (approximately 6-8 slices per sausage). Carefully stack a slice of sausage, mozzarella and cherry tomato. Secure with a toothpick. This can be served warm or is equally as good if chilled and served the next day.